Skip to content
Here are some suggestions for recovery story topics to get you started:
- What does “recovery” mean to you?
- What keeps you or your loved one on the path to recovery?
- Write about a mental health professional, service provider or someone else who helped you or a loved one.
- What should a (parent, spouse, child, friend, employer, etc.) know to support someone with (schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety, etc.)?
- How do you or your loved one cope with stress and symptoms?
- Write about a goal (e.g., getting a job, going back to school) that has helped you or a loved stay focused on recovery.
- What roles do wellness and a healthy lifestyle play in your (or a loved one’s) recovery?
- Write about a success you or your loved one experienced in school, a job, or the community.
- Use one of our prompt questions to get you started or use your own.