RtoR Family-Endorsed Provider Profile
Family Centers–The Den for Grieving Kids
Comprehensive Bereavement Resource Center
The Den for Grieving Kids is a comprehensive bereavement resource center that serves children and families in Connecticut and New York. The Den for Grieving Kids offers support groups led by professionals and trained volunteers both onsite and on campus at certain local schools. The Den’s programs offer a safe place for children and families following the death of a family member. The Den also provides support groups for other types of grief, including support for children and families who have experienced a death due to illness, accident, suicide, or violence as well as a support group specifically for parents who have lost a child. The Den also offers specialty groups for Spanish-speaking parents, young adults, those coping with miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss.
The Den’s programs are confidential and non-denominational.
“It’s an amazing place where children and adults who have lost a loved one learn how to deal with death. Most of these children have lost a parent, and are learning how to express and deal with their emotions.The Den reminds you that you’re not alone to deal with losing a parent. The Den is a wonderful place for support and friendship!”
Information and Referrals
Speak with a Resource Specialist about services and referrals to The Den for Grieving Kids.
- Grief and loss support
- School-based support groups
- Support group for children and families who lost a family member
- Support groups for children and families who have experienced a death due to illness, accident, suicide, or violence
- Support groups for parents who have lost a child
- Support groups for Spanish-speaking parents affected by loss
- Support groups for those coping with miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss
- Support groups for young adults
- Children and adolescents (3-18) who have experienced a death of a family member
- Individuals and families who have been affected by grief and loss
The Den for Grieving Kids does not charge a fee for participating individuals and families.
The Den for Grieving Kids in the Media