Our Latest Blogs

Mental Health Resources in Delaware

delaware mental health

delaware mental healthDelaware has a population of  952,065 people (United States Census). Close to 3.7% of adults in Delaware (according to SAMHSA) live with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

Public mental health and addiction services in Delaware are administered and provided by the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health.

Only 47.9% of adults with mental illness in Delaware receive any form of treatment from either the public system or private providers (according to SAMHSA). The remaining 52.1% receive no mental health treatment. According to Mental Health America, Delaware is ranked 15 out of 50 states and Washington D.C. for providing access to mental health services.

Medicaid is a combined state and federal program that provides health coverage to people with low income, including those who are unable to work because of a mental health disability. Residents of Delaware can apply for Medicaid through the Delaware Health Marketplace.

Other Delaware Resources

Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health

Delaware Medicaid

Delaware 211 – 2-1-1 is a free referral and information helpline that connects people to a wide range of health and human services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact 2-1-1 in any state, including Delaware, simply dial the numbers 2-1-1 from any phone.

National Alliance on Mental Illness–Delaware – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nationwide advocacy group, representing families and people affected by mental health disorders in the United States. The national organization is organized into state and local affiliates, of which NAMI–Delaware is one.

For weekly mental health and wellness articles, subscribe to our e-newsletter.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Latest posts by Interact Marketing (see all)
    This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

    Stay Up to Date

    Fill out the form to get Close to Home in your inbox.

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.