Our Latest Blogs

Mental Health Resources in Montana

montana mental health

montana mental healthMontana has a population of approximately 1 million people. Close to 4.4% of adults in Montana (according to SAMHSA) live with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

Public mental health and substance use services in Montana are administered and provided by the Department of Public Health and Human Services–Addictive and Mental Disorders Division.

Only 47.5% of adults with mental illness in Montana receive any form of treatment from either the public system or private providers (according to SAMHSA). The remaining 52.5% receive no mental health treatment. According to Mental Health America, Montana is ranked 39 out of the 50 states and Washington D.C. for providing access to mental health services.

Medicaid is a combined state and federal program that provides health coverage to people with low income, including those who are unable to work because of a mental health disability. Residents of Montana can apply for Medicaid through the Montana Health Marketplace.

Other Montana Resources

Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services–Addictive and Mental Disorders Division

Montana Medicaid

Montana 211 – 2-1-1 is a free referral and information helpline that connects people to a wide range of health and human services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact 2-1-1 in any state, including Montana, simply dial the numbers 2-1-1 from any phone.

National Alliance on Mental Illness–Montana – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nationwide advocacy group, representing families and people affected by mental health disorders in the United States. The national organization is organized into state and local affiliates, of which NAMI–Montana is one.

For weekly mental health and wellness articles, subscribe to our e-newsletter.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Interact Marketing
Latest posts by Interact Marketing (see all)
    This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.