Our Latest Blogs

Mental Health Resources in Oklahoma

Oklahoma has a population of approximately 3.9 million people. Close to 5.2% of adults in Oklahoma (according to SAMHSA) live with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

Public mental health and substance use services in Oklahoma are administered and provided by the Oklahoma Department for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS).

Only 42% of adults with mental illness in Iowa receive any form of treatment from either the public system or private providers (according to SAMHSA). The remaining 58% receive no mental health treatment. According to Mental Health America, Oklahoma is ranked 24 out of the 50 states and Washington D.C. for providing access to mental health services.

Medicaid is a combined state and federal program that provides health coverage to people with low income, including those who are unable to work because of a mental health disability. Residents of Oklahoma can apply for Medicaid through the Oklahoma Health Marketplace.

Other Oklahoma Resources

Oklahoma Department for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services

Oklahoma Medicaid

Oklahoma 211 – 2-1-1 is a free referral and information helpline that connects people to a wide range of health and human services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact 2-1-1 in any state, including Oklahoma, simply dial the numbers 2-1-1 from any phone.

National Alliance on Mental Illness–Oklahoma – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nationwide advocacy group, representing families and people affected by mental health disorders in the United States. The national organization is organized into state and local affiliates, of which NAMI–Oklahoma is one.

For weekly mental health and wellness articles, subscribe to our e-newsletter.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Latest posts by Interact Marketing (see all)
    This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

    Stay Up to Date

    Fill out the form to get Close to Home in your inbox.

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.