Our Latest Blogs

Mental Health Resources in Vermont

vermont mental health

vermont mental healthVermont has a population of 626,562 people (United States Census). Close to 4.7% of adults in Vermont (according to SAMHSA) live with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

Public mental health services in Vermont are administered and provided by the Vermont Agency of Human Services–Department of Mental Health. Substance use and addiction treatment services are overseen by Vermont Department of Health–Alcohol and Drugs Services.

Only 57.7% of adults with mental illness in Vermont receive any form of treatment from either the public system or private providers (according to SAMHSA). The remaining 42.3% receive no mental health treatment. According to Mental Health America, Vermont is ranked 3 out of 50 states and Washington D.C. for providing access to mental health services.

Medicaid is a combined state and federal program that provides health coverage to people with low income, including those who are unable to work because of a mental health disability. Residents of Vermont can apply for Medicaid through the Vermont Health Marketplace.

For free personalized help finding mental health resources in Vermont, Contact Us today.

RtoR Family-Endorsed Providers in Vermont

Our Directory of Family-Endorsed Providers features multiple mental health resources in the state of Vermont. All of the Vermont providers listed below have been recommended by a family member of a person who has used their services and have been carefully vetted by our Advisory Group.

All Family-Endorsed Providers have three defining characteristics. They are recovery-oriented, embracing the principle that recovery is a real possibility for all people with mental health conditions. They are family-friendly, including family members in the treatment process. They use evidence-based best practices that are backed by scientific research.

Spring Lake Ranch Therapeutic Community

rtor.org is a national website that offers families guidance, support and best practice resources for recovery-oriented mental health care. For free personalized help finding mental health resources in Vermont contact a Resource Specialist now.

Other Vermont Resources

Vermont Agency of Human Services–Department of Mental Health

Vermont Department of Health–Alcohol and Drugs Services

Vermont Medicaid

Vermont 211 – 2-1-1 is a free referral and information helpline that connects people to a wide range of health and human services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact 2-1-1 in any state, including Vermont, simply dial the numbers 2-1-1 from any phone.

National Alliance on Mental Illness–Vermont – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nationwide advocacy group, representing families and people affected by mental health disorders in the United States. The national organization is organized into state and local affiliates, of which NAMI–Vermont is one.

For weekly mental health and wellness articles, subscribe to our e-newsletter.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Latest posts by Interact Marketing (see all)
    This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

    Stay Up to Date

    Fill out the form to get Close to Home in your inbox.

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.