Our Latest Blogs

Mental Health Resources in Wisconsin

Mental Health in Wisconsin

Mental Health in WisconsinWisconsin has a population of approximately 5.8 million people. Close to 4% of adults in Wisconsin (according to SAMHSA) live with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

Public mental health and substance use services in Wisconsin are administered and provided by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services–Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery.

Only 44.6% of adults with mental illness in Wisconsin receive any form of treatment from either the public system or private providers (according to SAMHSA). The remaining 55.4% receive no mental health treatment. According to Mental Health America, Wisconsin is ranked 35 out of the 50 states and Washington D.C. for providing access to mental health services.

Medicaid is a combined state and federal program that provides health coverage to people with low income, including those who are unable to work because of a mental health disability. Residents of Wisconsin can apply for Medicaid through the Wisconsin Health Marketplace.

For free personalized help finding mental health resources in Wisconsin, Contact Us today.

RtoR Family-Endorsed Providers in Wisconsin

Our Directory of Family-Endorsed Providers features multiple mental health resources in the state of Wisconsin. All of the Wisconsin providers listed below have been recommended by a family member of a person who has used their services and have been carefully vetted by our Advisory Group.

All Family-Endorsed Providers have three defining characteristics. They are recovery-oriented, embracing the principle that recovery is a real possibility for all people with mental health conditions. They are family-friendly, including family members in the treatment process. They use evidence-based best practices that are backed by scientific research.

rtor.org is a national website that offers families guidance, support and best practice resources for recovery-oriented mental health care. For free personalized help finding mental health resources in Wisconsin contact a Resource Specialist now.


Other Wisconsin Resources

Wisconsin Department of Health Services–Bureau of Prevention Treatment and Recovery

Wisconsin Medicaid

Wisconsin 211 – 2-1-1 is a free referral and information helpline that connects people to a wide range of health and human services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact 2-1-1 in any state, including Wisconsin , simply dial the numbers 2-1-1 from any phone.

National Alliance on Mental Illness–Wisconsin  – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nationwide advocacy group representing families and people affected by mental health disorders in the United States. The national organization is organized into state and local affiliates, of which NAMI–Wisconsin is one.

For weekly mental health and wellness articles, subscribe to our e-newsletter.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.