Our Latest Blogs

Mental Health Resources in Oregon

oregon mental health

oregon mental healthOregon has a population of approximately 3.9 million people. Close to 4.6% of adults in Oregon (according to SAMHSA) live with serious mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression.

Public mental health and substance use services in Oregon are administered and provided by the Oregon Health Authority–Addiction and Mental Health Services.

Only 45.9% of adults with mental illness in Oregon receive any form of treatment from either the public system or private providers (according to SAMHSA). The remaining 54.1% receive no mental health treatment. According to Mental Health America, Oregon is ranked 49 out of the 50 states and Washington D.C. for providing access to mental health services.

Medicaid is a combined state and federal program that provides health coverage to people with low income, including those who are unable to work because of a mental health disability. Residents of Oregon can apply for Medicaid through the Oregon Health Marketplace.

Other Oregon Resources

Oregon Health Authority–Addiction and Mental Health Services

Oregon Medicaid

Oregon 211 – 2-1-1 is a free referral and information helpline that connects people to a wide range of health and human services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To contact 2-1-1 in any state, including Oregon, simply dial the numbers 2-1-1 from any phone.

National Alliance on Mental Illness–Oregon – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nationwide advocacy group, representing families and people affected by mental health disorders in the United States. The national organization is organized into state and local affiliates, of which NAMI–Oregon is one.

For weekly mental health and wellness articles, subscribe to our e-newsletter.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.